crunkidz69 answered your question: Should teachers dissuade bright pupils from becoming hairdressers?
didnt read! it was to long! (thats what she said)!!!!!!!!!!!
Going to nod my head at the fact that it might have been a wall of text. May be the only time I do this.
- Students can always be encouraged to look at education options that suit their interests so that they can go into the hands-on field afterward if they want to, but still have other options open to them.
- Students should receive proper career counseling so that they know what their options are.
- Teachers should ask students why they want to go into a field or career and encourage them to look at all their options, but never openly deride and disrespect a student’s choices.
- College is important and leads to better outcomes in general, but is not the only route to a good future.
- Respect needs to be paid to all professions — we need hairdressers AND engineers.